Thursday, February 7, 2013

Caught Pants Down



Shameful Birth

From a warm womb i slowly emerge
In the doc’s hand cooing a mild dirge
As Strangers around in masks hold
nothing clothes me but the acrid cold.
I Clamor and weep in silent mourning
eyes numb; blinded by streaks of orange
my piercing cries punctuate a silent morning
Into another complex chasm as I plunge.
                                                                    
                                                                        caught off guard pants down
                                                                         I wriggle out with a wry smile
             Without mercy reality stripping me naked
             alas! agony puncturing the joyous next mile

Pangs Of Adolescence

Nature sung along in mirth
heavenly guitars strung above
feelings danced to the tuneless song
I with a bated breath await my love
Seconds mime distended hours,
patience wrestling with time
Like the wind she arrives,
accompanied by a ruthless rhyme
A Rejected proposal notwithstanding,
My blasphemed heart cries of pain!
                                                             caught off guard pants down again
I wriggle out with a wry smile
Without mercy reality stripping me naked
alas! agony puncturing the joyous next mile

Grey Hair Seasons

Experience just another lame reason
as failures stamp the path so far
Beaten by them season after season
blurred future blotting out a shining star
Struggling against a blank wall
unprepared I am, for yet another fall.
                                                             
                                                            caught off guard pants down again
i wriggle out with a wry smile
Without mercy reality stripping me naked
alas! agony puncturing the joyous next mile


The Last Trial

Through wrinkles as old age frowned,
frailty being an unwanted feature
Wishes remained many a floating cloud,
tantalizing another lame creature
Grandiose plans to the grave
as death had the final say
None for the rescue or to save.
a frittered soul in peace now lay.
caught off guard pants down again
Entwined in the twists of destiny and fate
neither I can cry nor again smile
Lessons of a lifetime; to mend is a bit too late
who is to blame for there is no next mile

No comments:

Post a Comment