Friday, February 8, 2013

The Unanswered Question


As I lay there, in peace
eyeing the charcoal canvas.
Dabbed in random specks
was a painting of silver dots.
Far in a distance, so slow
took birth a mystic glow,
burning the horizon
in a mushy scarlet moss.
Fireflies, as they were
silently, tunelessly blinking.
Outlines of mountains
into oblivion lay sinking.
The moon shied away
humiliated by a velvet sky.
Unbounded mirth found way
darkness spreading low and high.
Warmth lay at the mercy
of cold steely eyes; so mean!
My soul was being queried
was I the only fault?
the glitch in the perfect scene.
Soothing my troubled senses 
as I laid down my pride.
Nothing could go wrong now
when there was nothing to hide.
Leaving troubles to the wind
as every sense in bliss soaked.
Dusk drew me into her lap
worries shied away uncloaked.

PS: A short detour from the routine drags of boredom.

No comments:

Post a Comment