Thursday, February 7, 2013

Of treasures lost and found

Soaked in a sinful oblivion
Fine morning coughed in periwinkle dew;
lost in the notes of a fancy rock number.
Unwelcoming they arrived like a red jolt
into a serene blue sea spoiling my slumber.
Urchins clad in rags befitting no human; t’was
a shameless display; mangled colors in a riot.
To whom I owed the torture of waking up
in a reality dabbed in flimsy linens so bright.

                                                   The ethereal dance
Pirouetting in circles was the shoddy ballerina
poverty’s singing smile gleaming on her halo.
Untainted spirit she was in a dreamy trance,
bitter fight for survival was her path to follow.
Her pig tails dusted in a dusky golden hue
under the crimson skies mocking her tan.
Juggling rings of metal she wobbled in pain,
silver mascara wet; teary shower that began.  

My zany attempt
The Indian drums trembled to a rhythm
ending my thumping jazz in vacuum’s din
My anger concocted in a raging despair
against the world; wasn’t this a ghastly sin?
Ironic moron against my own wish I was,
behind few coins of wealth I furtively hid.
Sparse lines of a poignant poem I did give
in her honor; my sympathy looking squalid.

                                          My Wish; His Miracle; Her need
Fear not my love at the world’s sway
not all are sinners, ain’t everywhere hate
God has been cruel in tending your way
It isn’t over , he will never be eternally late
Don’t let go your dreams; the white horse
Let him mend the scar; erring divine hand
As pleas of an angel wrings ears in remorse
Await your soul to soothe in his magic wand. 
PS: (Based on my life and lies)
The daily sojourn invites a young damsel into the empty life of a youngster vexed at the routine cycle of day and night. Realization dawns on him of the li’l angel’s war to survive the mean world.
Think not at what you lack in, think what you have been bestowed upon. Blessed you are, bliss is your life. Revel in its quirks but hark!!...Stop to lend your hand to the few unlucky souls along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment